Pain on the bottom or back of the heel is very common. Especially in a walking city like NYC. “There are many possible causes of heel pain, therefore; a thorough history and examination is essential”, says Dr. Evans
Treating thousands of patients with heel pain, Dr Evans has the experience to provide appropriate treatment of your problem. In fact, Dr Evans has dealt with heel pain himself, so he knows what you can be going through.
Employing “evidence based medicine “ Dr Evans will personalize your treatment to your problem, your foot structure, and lifestyle.
Some Heel Pain facts:
- Pain can present on the bottom, back or both areas of the heel
- Symptoms can appear from an injury or suddenly without any history of injury, or change in activity
- Common causes of Heel pain include :plantar fasciitis , heel spurs, Achilles tendonitis, nerve entrapment, and stress fracture.
Plantar fasciitis is one of the more common causes of pain on the bottom of the heel. It is an inflammatory response that is caused by overuse, and irritation at the insertion of the plantar fascia ligament—which is a thick band of tissue that attaches your heel bone to your toes. The Plantar Fascia supports the arch of your foot. Many things can cause it to become inflamed—when this occurs, the inflammation often causes heel pain and stiffness. This pain is most often felt when you take your first steps after rest, or after extended periods of inactivity.
There are many treatment options for heel pain, not everything works for everyone. So planning your specific treatment is essential.
Treatment Options may include:
- ESWT- Acoustic Soundwave (Shockwave) Treatment. Dr Evans is an expert in providing this treatment. This is a safe, non surgical,excellent treatment . He is one of the only Podiatrists in NYC to use the only FDA Approved treatment for his patients. (Insert link to my shockwave page)
- Various stretching exercises
- Shoe replacement
- Orthotics, custom made, non custom ( chosen for your problem by Dr. Evans)
- Foot Strapping and Padding
- Physical therapy
Most cases of heel pain can be treated with our conservative methods. You can trust us for a logical, experienced approach to help you.
Contact our podiatry office today in New York City or Whitestone, NY to get rid of your heel pain.